Thursday, August 29, 2013

Vocabulary 2

accoutrements:Personal clothing, accessories, etc.
 My sister has plenty of accoutrements in her closet and asks for more while my mother surprises me with random clothing that I haven't ever asked for.

apogee; Climax.
i haven't got to the apogee of my book "Sophie's World" yet but I am excited to find out what is going to happen next three chapters from now.

apropos; At the right time.
That's so cute and very apropos.

bicker; to engage a peevish argument.
I remember last year when I would always bicker with my friends about irrelevant topics like which video game is better.

coalesce; to unite so as to form one.
 The soap bubbles will group together and coalesce, forming larger bubbles.

contretemps;a embarrassing mischance.
 He caused a minor contretemps by knocking over his drink.

convolution; rolled up
 This class implements a convolution from the source to the destination.

cull; to gather the choice things or parts from.
 The farmer culls the cows to go back into a shed every night for them sleep.

disparate; essentially different.
  Whenever I have a critical conversation with my friend, I come to a conclusion that I really do have disparate ideas on ways of living

dogmatic; pertaining to a dogma.
A religious person usually is very dogmatiic.

licentious; immoral
 I am licentious because morality doesn't reallly make any sense to me.

mete; to measure.
"Let's mete out his punishment of his crimes"

noxious; harmful to health or physical well-being.
My Economics teacher is pretty noxious at times, especially when he gets patriotic and politics.

polemic; a argument to an opinion.
 Polemic against Christianity has centered on the doctrine of trinity.

populous; Heavily populated
 New York is a populous city.

probity; integrity and uprightness.
She had the probity for ensuring her studies dedicated for tomorrows vocabulary quiz. While I posted this the night before the test... Oh the Joys.

repartee; a quick, witty reply.
Always capable of bringing a smile to the room with his witty repartee, his words of wisdom are not unfortunately, repeatable here.

supervene; to occur as something additional.
It has also been claimed that modal truths supervene on non-modal ones, and that general truths supervene on non-modal ones, and that general truths supervene on particular truths.

truncate; cut short.
Exact word match only the default search is set to automatically truncate search words.

unimpeachable; above suspicion
That man had unimpeachable integrity when it came too telling us the truth.

  1. http://sentence.yourdictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment