Monday, August 19, 2013

Vocabulary #1

adumbrate: To foreshadow.
As soon as I stepped into the movie theater there was an adumbrate in me that was so sure of how the movie will end.

apotheosis; The elevation of a person to the rank of god.
 A lot of movies that have a hero always have a apotheosis character that want to conquer the world.

ascetically; A person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial for religious reasons
That monk is very ascetically, I wonder how long it took him to master his way of life.

beguile; To take away by misleading or cheating.
That man is so corrupted by his greed, he will beguile you for a sack of dollar shells.
burgeon; To grow or develop quickly
My pup basically burgeoned right in front of me in a year that felt almost an actual day

complement; Something that makes perfect.
Its as if all the criticism has actually made the best of him until he just needed complement for comfort, that is when he found this new genre of music that was called "House Music" and it just touched him to feel better and become the perfectionist and professionally imaginative man he is today.

contumacious; Stubbornly rebellious.
That cow was contumacious as he was being pushed into a the back of the huge dark and noisy trailer with other cows, but he refused. He knew what is going to happen next, he was willing to bash everything around him and try to run away as fast and as violent as he could go. But he couldn't they bashed him with their odd figured legs and stabbed him electric prods until he just gave in and gave up, after that he only saw one more light.

 curmudgeon; Bad tempered.
I know plenty of friends of my brother who are curmudgeon most of the time, but I'm not sure why they are like that.

didactic; inclined to teach or lecture others too much.
Honestly my Economics teacher  gets really didactic, might because he is an elder.

disingenuous; Lacking in sincerity; falsely
Whenever I get my little sister in trouble for doing something wrong, I usually ask her why she did it and she always gives me a disingenuous answer, it is always a like that! 

exculpate; Free from blame.
He was framed for having illegal possession of exotic pets until he was exculpated from his charge due to finding his neighbors living room and told the authorities of his dishonesty.

(French) faux pas; An embarrassing social blunder.
When I was a boy I had plenty of faux pas moments, like when I had that piece of hot dog stuck up my nose... which was a extremely horrible experience.

 fulminate; to explode a loud noise; detonate.
I remember huge tremble that woke me up one morning it was fulminating it sounded like a bomb set off close to town.

fustian; Inflated language in writing and speaking.
Fustian can't disguise the author's meager plot

hauteur; naughty manner, arrogance
At times my brother is hauteur whenever I try to have a descent conversation with him.

 inhibit; to restrain.
The crazy woman was inhibited by the doctors to give her a shot, soon after she was asleep awaiting her fate she would never expect as a psychological  disabled patient.

Jeremiad; complaint


opportunist; the policy of adapting actions.
The man in the blue suit looked like a opportunist, he was well-mannered and looked professional.

unconscionable; not in accordance with what is reasonable.
At times many human beings get to a stage, in an argument where they  are unconscionable and soon they probably give up and leave or resolve the problem through gaining conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment